Monday, August 31, 2009

response: project 001

Conceptually, I don't think I had any ideas other than making some meaningless but visually appealing stuff. Technically, I wanted to experiment with the scanner, and see how I could incorporate scanned images into the whole photoshop/quick time mix, and I think those parts were pretty successful. I also wanted to think a ton about set design, color schemes, and lighting so that the visuals could be the most effective. My shots are a bit boring, I didn't get too wild with moving the laptop around to create more moving shots. That's something I'd like to focus on for my next assignment, less stationary, eye-level shots and more moving, unique-angled shots. As far as achieving rhythm and pushing the boundaries of the programs goes, I think I did an okay job. I was thinking about adding some animation to the scuba shots, but I ended up wanting to try to create rhythm through the contrasting colors and content, instead of adding something on top of them. One thing I'm still a bit confused/frustrated about is the fps/document length adjustments. I don't understand the relationship between the two. I'm sure it makes tons of logical sense, I just can't remember how it works. That was the main frustration for me.




3 comments:

  1. Response to Scuba:

    Thought the overall aesthetics were really nice; good faded colors. The shells (which I feel look very much like snake heads) contrasted with the knife entering into a stomach reminds me of footage from the 60's and 70's of biker gangs. All the text found in throughout the film sequentially write a (in my opinion) great poem:


    Look at...
    Wide view 3 window mask
    With purge and equalizer.

    Cerebral air embolism.
    Air passes via Cortoid Arteries to brian.
    Air passes along Bronchi to Mediastina.

    ALVEOLI RUPTURED!

    Air enters blood vessel.
    Air enters pleural cavity.

    ATTENTION!
    BANG ON TANK WITH KNIFE OR ROCK

    ReplyDelete
  2. In your scuba video you change from clean photographs to close up pixelated photos to images of diagrams. I think this adds a good variety of texture a depth. I would suggest some repetition and maybe a little quicker pace in some areas. I would also like to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also liked the juxtaposition between the video and the scanned images, i thought it added a nice chaotic touch the film which otherwise would have been lost. I think that your timing was more interesting in the first film without the video. You quickened the pace which added a lot more tension.

    ReplyDelete