Tuesday, April 7, 2009

reviewed idea

Idea number one seems to show the most promise. However, I want it to have a stronger arch of action, so I think I'll combine it with parts from idea number two. The theme of this project was to show people awkwardly dancing, and to transform them using trick shots into costumed characters very unlike the ones they began as. I want the different actors to go through many different roles in this one film. For example, the film will begin with these 3 different awkward dancing characters. Different costumes will pop onto them (using trick shots) and the costumes will drastically change the way the character is perceived. This was the original idea. Now I am thinking about changing the background as well, and incorporating the idea of a monochromatic color scheme from idea two. The characters will be placed in front of a white background, and I could make every piece of costume that pops onto them red, so the film ends with these red characters, and as they are being costumed, the background could also be gradually painted red to match the character. The film would end with a character blending in to his or her background. As far as the audio for this film, I have a series of poems I have written that deal with the color red. I am thinking about layering a voice over of these poems with the music the characters are dancing to. To tie in the seriousness of these poems with the strangeness/goofyness of the characters dancing, I could use elements from the poems for parts of the character's costumes. 

1 comment:

  1. You can really stress the way the dances and poems contrast each other with the objects that end up on the dancing figures. That way, your sound and visuals can maintain their individuality while coming across as a cohesive unit.

    How do you plan on framing these individuals? Do we see their shadows, or is lighting done in a way that their shadows are not seen whatsoever?

    ReplyDelete