Wednesday, September 2, 2009

3 ideas

more visual inspiration from Cristina Couceiro:







idea #1-use a stop motion technique with magnetic letters. The letters will move around on the fridge and spell out words. maybe something like "should we?" and then "we should" then the letters will travel off of the fridge and crawl up and eventually completely cover a person. (more letters would have to join the ones that came off of the fridge, so I was thinking that I could have some cheesy horror movie sounds and letters could come out of the air vents and under the cracks in the door, the window, whatnot.

idea #2-Using images extracted from National Geographic magazines, I will create a stop motion collage. I have some issues that are about space, so that might be the scene I start in. The scenes would morph and change into completely opposite scenes. For example, the film may start out in space, but that scene might end up being in a TV which would allow the scene to morph into to that of a living room, etc.

idea #3-I'd like to use pixelization to cover people in tinfoil, cellophane, and yarn. I'd like to film people in ordinary situations, i.e. watching TV, walking down the street (the material would have to "catch up" to them, and I think this would be neat) or laying in the yard. I imagine the structure of this film to be like this: character one is watching television, and he (along with the space he is in) gets covered in tinfoil without him so much as moving. Character two is sitting and playing an instrument, and she gets covered in cellophane. Finally character three is doing something very active, like running, and she tries to run away from the yarn, but it chases her by the two characters covered in cellophane and tinfoil, and she eventually gets covered in yarn. I'm really not sure how I could pull this off, but I could see it looking really cool if I did. Maybe I could simplify it a bit.

I'm really leaning toward idea #2, I think it gives me the most leeway to explore different spaces and techniques. I feel like ideas one and three could be neat, but I have no idea how I would go about actually filming them.

3 comments:

  1. Your second idea sounds most interesting to me. It seems to have the most variety, and sounds most visually pleasing out of the three. I really like your idea of playing with space on a 2d collage and using multiple locations that seem to morph into one another. Have you thought about combining parts of stop motion or pixillation into your collage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say the strongest idea to me would be number three. I think with the aesthetics of the materials you would be working with, there would be a lot of room for really great stop motion animation. Tin foil would be infinitely different from frame to frame, the effects of which to me, sound seem amazing. I really like the work you did using cellophane in your last, and maybe this could be a good chance to expand upon that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me start off by saying that all three of these are very strong concepts. But my personal favorite was the idea of using the magnetic letters, I just think that the cheesy nature of the horror film sounds would be really fun to watch. Although, you could combine the first and the third idea as they are very similar, in that people are being over taken by inanimate objects. But looking at your inspiration pieces above, what if you used that type of aesthetic? (Just an idea, as I happen to love her work.)

    ReplyDelete