Tuesday, March 3, 2009

manifesto

In revolt to the Hollywood standard of storytelling and in revolt to the sugarcoated “art” void of meaning and consideration, I will make films like car accidents. Fuck order, fuck the artistic standard. I will disregard the rules and boundaries society enforces regarding what is considered beautiful and what is considered ugly. I will question and disregard the preconceived notions of gender that are instilled in our society. My films will not be void of historical context; they will inevitably be a reflection of the time I live in. It is impossible to divorce my films from my perception, so I will constantly question that perception. I will question the values and motives that drive my society, and I will be critical of them. Though I will always be critical, I won’t forget how to laugh, how to entertain, and I won’t be ashamed of being excited about my work.   

No comments:

Post a Comment