Monday, March 23, 2009

response to test shoot

The main thing I learned from my test shoot is that I need WAAAYY MORE sugar. I dumped spoonfuls on my model, and it looked silly. SO I am going to mix up at least 3 bowls of pink sugar and dump them on my model by the bowlful. I have also decided to have my models use sugar as makeup, and they will also have falsie eyelashes that I can get sugar stuck in. The close up shots were by far more interesting than the medium shots. So I would like to focus more on facial features and the texture that the sugar makes. I'm thinking about ending the shots by dumping water on the models to make the makeup and sugar run. The lighting setup was 2 lights, one major rim backlight to make the sugar look extra glittery, and the other light was at a 45 degree angle from my model with the silver umbrella over it. I'll need to change the lighting for the close ups, some of them looked a little bit murky. I'm also considering mixing glitter in with the sugar, just to give it that extra pop. Also, I need some feedback on if I should have only sugar falling on the models or if I should incorporate some more sugary foods. The color scheme for the final piece will be pink, blue, and yellow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment