Thursday, March 5, 2009

so these other ideas

So I've been stewing over my manifesto, and watching those videos jill posted,  and I came up with a few more video ideas that I would really like to explore. I know I haven't written an essay about these memories, but I could, and I might want to use these video ideas instead of the original highways and motels memory.  I'm just not sure how well the motel stuff goes with my manifesto. I feel like it might be a bit of a cop out, and I would really like to explore the performance art aspects of video making...maybe I could combine the two..anyway..

here's the new idea

I'm sitting against a muted blue wall, presumably nude, but the shot is cropped to show only my shoulders and face. I begin a monologue that rattles off statistics of present events (i.e. the number of deaths in Iraq, the number of people in the US who are homeless, the number of civilians killed in Iraq, etc.) and while I list these serious facts, anonymous hands wearing plastic gloves start to cover me with pink icing. They continue to sugarcoat me with the icing until it is a very think amount of icing all over my body and face. Then they put sprinkles and other cute cake decorations on me, all while I am still rattling off statistics and monologuing..then the hands put a hostess white snowball in my mouth, (i still try to talk) then they put a candle in the hostess, and light it. The camera ends with a close up of the flame of the candle filling the screen. I would also like to intercut this monologue/icing  sequence with costumed woman dancers on a stage, performing a short choreographed number. (kind of like the radiator woman in eraserhead).


 

No comments:

Post a Comment